[Some content of this page is outdated.]
|Continent:||The Wild West|
|Founded:||May 12, 2011|
|Contributing Builders:|| ELEVn|
|Related Cities / Areas:||Royeaux|
Adenbury (AH-dən-burh-ree) is a highly ambitious project started by builder AndyBz17 in Southeastern Yarg, just west of East Wind City. As a result of the ambition behind this project, Adenbury has become one of the most active current cities on the server. It is a heavily-under-construction city majorly based around sea trade. As such, it is being built around a river and surrounded by ocean. The "central build" of the city is massive port/marina in western Adenbury and a massive Parliament building in eastern Adenbury. Adenbury recently has supported a population boom, despite its highly incomplete state. The city is currently accepting more housing, but structured build rules are yet to be incorporated, as the plots in Adenbury are rather crowded, and the architectural style of the city is so diverse. Andy is currently policing the housing there, much like my_nemesis12 was doing for Aerios. It was recently announced by plusnine that Adenbury would be the central travel hub for Palceon, much like Citadel City is for Pangea today. Adjustments will be made where necessary.
Adenbury has recently been migrated to Zah, and no transportation exists yet. It will in the future be accessible by some sea routes and most likely one or more rail lines extending north to other countries.
Traveling from the fine town of Royeaux, Sir Robert Aden set out to explore the land far south of his home in Royeaux. There, he trekked through the wilderness of the Mediterian Peninsula and arrived in a treeless shore area, with the Lemurian Sea to the South, and a river to the west. Robert Aden saw this opportunity for trade. The sea showed a promise of vessels travelling to and from all over Pangea, while the river would allow Adenbury to have a control over sea trade with all cities on the eastern Yarg coast. He immediately started scourging the lands for an architect, but he got in contact with his brother, Matthew Aden, who decided he would plan and supervise the construction of the city. At that point in time, The Winged Lord of Las Torres himself was traveling with Flying Merchant Co. in an attempt to find trading cities. They met the two humble men (with a few workers) in charge of this massive project, and seeing the master plan for the city, granted the explorer-turned-architects a massive loan, with hopes that the city would prosper and present Flying Merchant Co., as well as Las Torres with even more money for the construction of its glorious palaces and many military exploits. Matthew soon became lead architect and duke of Adenbury, while Robert Aden ruled peacefully. Adenbury is quite the independent city, as it has far more exports than imports. This made the city quite prosperous, and the investment of Flying Merchant Co. finally payed off, after several years of construction and expansion. However, because Adenbury relies so heavily on trade, Duke Matthew tries to keep the city neutral in disputes and wars, but would still continue to supply warring cities with ordered materials, because the city and its inhabitants like to please all. Sometimes this unique economic position enables Adenbury to act as a diplomatic tie between rival/warring cities. One day, Robert decided he would send a ship to trade with Las Torres, as suggested by Flying Merchant Co.. The ship, named The Variant, met harsh weather conditions, and in a storm, nearly crash-landed in the mighty Citadel, the grandest city kingdom in all of Western Yarg. Luckily, the crash was averted, and the friendly ruler of Citadel City, Lord Feather, allowed the ship to stay docked in The Citadel Docks for the night. Lord Feather liked the ship so much that when morning arose, he asked if the ship could possibly trade with The Citadel instead of Las Torres. The crew brought the news back to Lord Aden, who after much contemplation and arrangements with Flying Merchant Co. accepted the proposition. Since then, Adenbury has been trading with Citadel City (giving some of the profit to Las Torres, but will still attempt to trade with Las Torres and create the farthest daily-sailing ship in Pangea. Recently, the citizens of Adenbury demanded a proper government for to support their rights, and their wish was happily obliged, as the city was soon becoming far too large and developed for Robert and Matthew. Thus began the construction on a Parliament building (with a clock tower) was started immediately. In the mean-time, the government meetings were being held in the basement of the Amaya Post office, until the Parliament building is complete. During this time of political absence, engineers in Adenbury collaborated with the scientists of MystVale and architect Redskye to create a massive galleon-esque clipper, that they named Le Furieux, meaning The Fury. Aptly named, this ships charges through and breaks apart ice floes with its heavily reinforced hull. This massive ship sails between Adenbury and MystVale, delivering many raw metals to be processed in Adenbury's factories. Halleon Port and Adenbury became allies on December 7th, over a signed document between Matthew Hall and Matthew Aden. The papers were signed on the realization that both Matthew Hall and Aden had the same name. Simun Hall later affirmed his brother's decision to ally Halleon Port with Adenbury.
The goal of Adenbury is to establish connections and trade routes with other cities and villages around the map, which it has started to pull of rather nicely. AndyBz17 and TheGuyWhoCanFly have started an agreement to expand the Las Torres empire by developing a strong connection with Adenbury. Flying Merchant Co., representing Las Torres, operates their Yarg Headquarters in the city, and operates a large warehouse in western Adenbury. Adenbury actively trades with Citadel City through The Variant and recently established a trade route with the Nordic city of MystVale through the ship Le Furieux.
Chains & Businesses
- Amaya Post Office
- Flying Merchant Co. Yarg Headquarters
- Neutron Rocky Road Ice Cream Shop
- Catapult Cafe
- Bog's Bakery of Bacon Buns
- Whiteleys Tries... Flowershop
- Stony's Shop
- Suave Suits Tailor Shop
- Boo's Bagels Shop
- Cakester's Shop
- Berserker Bar and Grill
The shipyard in Adenbury is home to many unique and awe-inspiring boats, such as...
- The Variant: A massive caravel, a trading vessel with four lateen sails, providing excellent speed and mobility on its route to Citadel. - AndyBz17 & Featherblade
- Le Fureux: The largest ship in Adenbury, with a streamlined body and 10 massive galleon-esque sails. Cannons line the deck to protect its valuable goods. - AndyBz17 & Redskye
- Veret: A small fishing vessel with a single square sail and fishing net. It is slightly larger than its sister ship, Neutron. - ReaperOfDeath
- Neutron: A small fishing vessel, the smaller sister of Veret, that also has a single square sail, albeit with a different color striping. - ReaperOfDeath
- Le Vingoble: A very unique mid-sized trading vessel housing expensive wines, with two main sails and a strung sail between them for quicker tacking. - Minuseven & AndyBz17
- The Orient: The largest active ship in service in Pangea, The Orient is a massive steampunk galleon with a water paddle and sails. - AndyBz17
- The Gilded Narwhal: The first airship in Adenbury, this sleek and beautiful wonder can be often be found ferrying passengers across the expansive city. - SpecterCody
In-Progress Adenbury Project Builds
- Adenbury Northern Docks: The near-completion of the Southern Docks has lead to a shortage of space for new ships. To compensate, a North dock will be brought into action, housing a few more ships. - AndyBz17
- Central Adenbury Station: The exterior, for the most part, is complete, but there is continual construction on the second floor platform and rooms on the first floor. Revisions will be made to the second floor platforms as MetroVox plans become clear. - aasmith64
- Adenbury Parliament Building: Adenbury's Parliament building is older than the city itself, brought in from outside the city upon CallMeTasteless abandonment of the project. It was brought into Adenbury, and Tasteless later returned, and is currently working very hard on this massive build. The outside still remains incomplete, but both interior and exterior are being fleshed out beautifully. - CallMeTasteless
- Port Tents: The various tents and small shops in the port area are in need of a major overhaul. - AndyBz17 & Jomeaga
- Drydocks Area: A single drydock has been made for ship construction, but a second may be in order. Even then, the area needs to be filled out and made more professional-looking. - AndyBz17
- Las Torres Port: A special port area for trade with Las Torres, equiped qith cargo-holding carts and a direct rail-based connection to the Tools Factory and the Las Torres Storage Warehouse. - AndyBz17
Future Adenbury Project Plans
- Central plaza
- Educational Institutions
- Candy Production Factory
- East Park
- Adenbury is the oldest city on the server.*
- Adenbury has been incomplete longer than any other city on the server.
- Adenbury has more contributors than any other city on the server.*
- The Great Pangean Flying Cactus recognize Adenbury as migratory waystop #3351, believed to after traveling Inter-dimensionally and inter-temporally from The Daro.
- Adenbury was once in the middle of a large peninsula on Pangea. Now it is a completely isolated island.
- The first VoxelPort to Adenbury was from Citadel, the capital of the Pangea map.
- There was once a VoxelPort from Adenbury to the Trade Cities, before they were placed into separate worlds.
- CallMeTasteless was whitelisted and promoted to the rank of builder on only one build, which is in Adenbury (The Parliament Building).
- Adenbury has inspired various aspects of at least these two cities (according to the architects): Hanai, and Bedlam.
- Adenbury can be found next to The Trade Cities and New Astoria on board for the Voxelopoly board game.
- The city was originally named Atlius.
- When Adenbury was first conceptualized, it was planned to be a very multi-leveled Elizabethan village, but Reidheim was constructed only a few days prior to Andy coming up with this theme. Seeing the theme was already being used, he changed the architectural style to Victorian.
- Just shy of 11,000,000 blocks of a secret research laboratory where replaced with air by ELEVn to aid the creation of the city.
*Excluding now-inaccessible Pangean cities.