Below are the ranks and associated abilities available to players on The Voxel Box. These ranks and abilities are subject to change at any time for any reason at the whim of server staff. Things are constantly changing to suit the world's ever-changing needs, so keep an eye on this page for changes to your rank's ability-set!
The current rank progression is: VISITOR → GUEST → MEMBER / BUILDER → LITESNIPER → SNIPER → CURATOR → ADMIN
- Use the any/all of our Texture Packs.
- Use Commands.
- Travel nearly anywhere in Holocene, Tanviir, The Nexus, Deep Space, and The Wild West.
- Add a helmet to themselves (using any block id - /vhelm).
From the Spawn Point, guests can easily access the Guest Zones, where the wonders of The Voxel Box begin to unfold. All guests are strongly encouraged to do some sight-seeing before building. Guest's names are GREY in game chat.
Guests can do everything that visitors can, as well as...
- Use Tools within the Guest Zones.
- Use Commands and VoxelGet.
- Use the /afk command.
- Submit builds (by typing /wlreview while at their build) with the intent to become a member.
- Make use of the Greylist Policy.
Getting your greylist application approved (so you may become a guest) is the first step in joining The Voxel Box (you must first accept the Terms of Service)
A guest who wishes to continue playing on the server may become a Member of The Voxel Box. Membership benefits start with the ability to build not just in the Guest Zones, but anywhere on the map. Members should seek the consent of existing Towns' or Cities' Lead Architects to build in established areas.
Members are expected to know and be familiar with the Rules, understand the community standards, and have successfully built a Whitelist worthy project in the Guest Zones. It is recommended that all new members read the New Member Guide.
Members can do anything that Guests can, and can also...
- Register an account and edit pages on the VoxelWiki.
- Log in to the server, even when guests cannot.
- Create and contribute to Towns and Cities in The Wild West.
- Work in a [CURATED] region by receiving a Building Permit from an area-specific Curator.
- Use /jumpto and /thru (Which can also be done by left and right clicking with a Compass (ID: 345)).
Members who contribute to others' projects, involve themselves in the community, and continue to show outstanding build quality will be granted the rank of Builder!
Some key notes about Builder rank:
- This rank is given by Admins only, but Curators can make recommendations to admins.
- Builder grants the ability to /tpa, /tpahere and grants a BLUE colon in chat.
Things considered to get Builder:
- If you have a VoxelWiki page and account.
- Your activity in Mumble, chat, and the forums.
- Your contributions to projects by others (in Facet, The Wild West, Space, and more)
NOTE: Builder is not a required rank. It is possible to simply go from Member to LiteSniper directly.
LiteSnipers have essentially the same permissions as members, except they are allowed to use the magical LiteSniper tool. LiteSnipers are mentored by the person who grants them a license to use LiteSniper. LiteSnipers' names have a colored TEAL colon in game chat.
LiteSnipers can do anything that Members can, and can also...
- Use /tpa to request a teleport to other players.
- Use /tpahere to request players to teleport to you.
LiteSniper is achieved by:
- Working in a curated region under the direction of a Curator.
- Cooperating with your neighbors and staying focused in areas such as the The Nexus and The Wild West.
You do not ask for LiteSniper. It will be given by any single admin or a curator (only within their curated zone) who wishes to sponsor you.
Snipers are Members who have shown an interest in and subsequently learned how to use the VoxelSniper tool and are ready to move mountains with it. Their names are colored GREEN in game chat.
Snipers can do anything that LiteSniper can, and can also...
- Use the incredible VoxelSniper tool to its fullest extent
- Use the /tp and /tphere commands used to teleport to other players, and to teleport other players to you.
- Use the /warp command to teleport to server warps set by Curators and Admins.
- Access to the Dynmap.
- Use the command /dynmap webregister to gain access to the registry code.
- Use the WorldEdit tool.
- With max 250 000 block changes per operation.
The usual way to become a Sniper is by submitting an application to the support ticket system. The administrators of the server will collectively accept or deny applications. Three Admins must sponsor your sniper application in order for it to be ratified.
Curators are advanced architects who have complete control in their jurisdiction of a world. Their names are PURPLE in game chat.
Curators can do anything that Snipers can and, while within their curated region, can also...
- Train members in the art of VoxelSniper by granting LiteSniper (Note: Administrators can/will still give LiteSniper)
- Use the /gag, /kick, and /ban commands in dire emergencies when no Admins are online.
- Use the WorldEdit tool.
- Note: These users have access to almost every administrative command. While they have access to use numerous commands, they may not abuse them. Curators who abuse their capabilities will have the rank removed immediately.
Staff are always on the lookout for experienced persons who have those special, indescribable qualities that would make one well suited for Curatorship. Exceptional build quality, high esteem among your fellow members and server staff, along with consistent time commitment to the server are must-haves for this position of responsibility.
Admins (Also known as Staff) are part of the server's creative-development team. Do NOT mess with these people! Colored TEXT in game chat is a giveaway as to who these folks are.