East Wind Port
For the original city, click here.
|East Wind Port|
East Wind City
|Approximate Coordinates:||X: -350 Z: -4700|
|Contributing Builders:|| Everyone who helped with WorldEdit|
|Related Cities / Areas:||Adenbury, Xeng Shin|
|Travel:|| VoxelPort to Citadel|
Please ask Well_Starbursts before you build here, and please read the rules that are located at the community center.
Several decades ago, Russian pioneers purchased the ship, now name The Rissian Pioneer, and gathered supplies to explore the world around them. But once in a storm in the middle of the ocean, they found themselves in a totally unfamiliar place to them and perhaps in another world. Getting off to the beach and explored the surrounding area, the pioneers discovered that they are on the eastern part of the vast continent. Given that they are cut off from their homeland and abandoned somewhere, it was decided to found a settlement, later called the "City of the East Wind" or now "East Wind City". Initially, the settlers thought that the earth uninhabitable, and the first investigators found no other settlements anywhere nearby. But further along the expedition, they found other cities and were able to establish contact with the City, the Citadel , the capital of the continent. After diplomatic negotiations, was recognized as the pioneers of the sovereignty. But just in case it was decided to build a military base under the name "Rage of the Red Bear," to protect against possible aggression by the wild tribes, or from the city, which has not yet been contacted.
For an unknown reason, all of East Wind City disappeared except the boat that brought the settlers there. Recently though, a lone traveler by the name of Wellstarbursts decided to ride the Rissian Pioneer to the now empty east wind city. Wellstarbursts began to lay down new roads and buildings in an attempt to rebuild the once great settlement. Little did he know that just a few meters below his feet were the very mines that the original pioneers used.
We have three types of districts in east wind city, Financial, Residential and Industrial. Financial buildings incude shops, government offices, and any other business. Industrial buildings incude infrastructure, mines, and warehouses. Residential buildings are just houses or apartments. Each of these different districts has a different color scheme to give the city more variety. In reality though, East Wint City contains a lot of different districts, including:
- The Docks - (Left) The docks include a few small shops and lots of space for building boats of various sizes. The Docks district spans the channel created between the mainland and the island to cover all of the docks and boat plots.
- East Wind Square - As seen in the picture at the top of this page, is the busy center of the financial district on the mainland. Residing on east wind square is a Neutron's Rocky Road Ice Cream shop, SorrowL's Law Firm and something that K15er has not yet finished.
- Island - The island is a new addition of land to east wind city, which was terraformed by NeutronRocks. The addition of this island blocks many waves that come in from the southern part of the east wind shores, and enables many more spaces for docks and ships. The island also contains a small financial district, a small residential district and two lighthouses.
More info and pictures to come.
For East Wind City we use a rustic theme with obsidion accents to contrast the otherwise brown and grey town. For the financial districts we use birch logs for the vertical energy. Financial buildings incude shops, government offices, and any other business. For housing and apartments we use regular logs as the vertical energy. For industrial buildings, such as infrastructure, mines, and warehouses, we use redwood logs for vertical energy. For the main portion of the walls we use planks, and for the base we use mossy cobblestone.
- East Wind Bridge - A very tall bridge deck is supported by two large towers to let ships through to the harbor. The East Wind Bridge provides transportation from the Mainland to the Island without the use of a ferry.
- _brent for "building the best shop around"
- znda32 for "Building the Seaside Scalapane inn and building 3 stores, also contributing to the SkyPort"
- Naybr is currently working on a home there.
- Doublenum for building a house
- AndyBz17 for helping set up and build the MetroVox Station and setting up the MetroVox C-Line between East Wind Port and Adenbury
- SpecterCody for helping set up the MetroVox C-Line design between East Wind and Xeng Shin
- MichaelAlexander for building a "Hau5" and subsequently stealing a ship from the harbor, soon to be a VoxelOcean port between East Wind Port and Fioronza
- Aclurace for his Sea Side Diner and a Vacation Home on the island.