True to its name, the world of Facet is a prismatic collection of dimensions that show the many faces of the Voxel Box community.
- Facet embodies The Voxel Box's server concept: Building yields better results when projects are completed in specially prepared workshop-dimensions in optimally designed work environments.
- If they choose the correct location for their project, players will never need to lose their work prematurely.
- In addition to the various workshop spaces, Facet will house several other worlds like The Nexus, Deep Space and Ridgeneyland, and also the member-run world of The Wild West.
The following vital region flags will help you understand how to interact with each region of Facet:
- [FREE-FOR-ALL]: Building within this region does not require approval of any kind. Land use will not be managed by staff.
- [WIPES HAPPEN]: This region will be subject to periodic wiping by server staff. Pay attention to approaching expiration dates that might affect your projects when using these spaces!
- [REVIEWABLE]: Builds in this region are able to be reviewed by server staff for inclusion in curated areas or to begin new project areas (think Cities) on curated maps. As a general rule, regions without this tag will not be reviewed by staff for inclusion in the curated maps.
- [CURATED]: A region which is curated will not be open to free-build. Build areas will be championed by a lead architect and will invite players to contribute based on a player's previous work. Members may still work in Curated projects with approval from an authorized architect or curator.
- [ADMIN]: These regions are off-limits to all players except Admins, except by special permission.
- The spawn point is built in the Palceon Texture Pack.
- The Spawn Point provides a place for players to get server news, see example structures and ideas, and provides easy access to at least one point of all other main areas and worlds on the server. Getting around The Voxel Box has never been easier.
- [WIPES HAPPEN]
- Enhancing the ideas that made past guest areas like The Daro and Quercas so successful, a huge new gigantic guest area is accessible by jumping in the black hole under the "Guest" sign at spawn.
- Placing our sea level at y:28 means more room for flying ships and tall buildings. Guests can now work on the same vertical scale that our members can.
- Players may use the Palceon, Deep Space, Organix, or Modern Texture Packs in the new guest area.
Other Areas and Sub-Worlds in Facet