|An official Bukkit plugin from the VoxelBox suite|
|Lead Programmer & Designer:||przerwap|
|Public Relations:|| NeutronRocks|
|BukkitDev Link:||VoxelAir on BukkitDev|
|Tested Compatible With:||#1.0.1-R1|
|Download:||Download VoxelAir 2.012|
VoxelAir brings the FlyRidgeFly plugin into the modern Minecraft experience, providing improved flap control, an all-new seamless movement experience, the ability to hover and a more configurable flight item: all without unwanted player disconnects (e.g. Hacking?! ) or the need for players to modify their Minecraft clients.
Place VoxelAir.jar into your server's plugins folder.
Create a file named admns.txt ( yes, that is the correct spelling!) in your plugins folder. This file will contain a list of the names of people allowed to manage FlyRidgeFly's commands (everyone will be able to use the feather to fly when flight is enabled). Enter one person per line, case-sensitive, e.g:
- Tip: If you are a Windows user, remember that your OS hides your files' extensions from you by default. If your OS is hiding your file names from you, the admns.txt file you create will actually be named admns.txt.txt! It is highly recommended to take appropriate steps to see the proper file extensions in your OS so you know what exactly what files and file names you are working with.
When loaded by the server for the first time, VoxelAir will create a configuration file for itself at: server/plugins/VoxelAir/config.yml
You can edit this file with a text editor to adjust VoxelAir's defaults when it loads. The configuration items correspond with the toggles described in the commands section of this documentation.
Depending on the server's configuration, players may have access to any of the following powers:
- Note: While holding the feather, players will not take fall damage.
Hold a feather in your hand and right-click to perform a gravity defying jump! The more you angle your view downward, the more powerful your thrust will becoming, climbing ever-higher on your Minecraft Adventure! Set up a Giant basketball hoop at y:127 and fling yourself into that baby.
Extended Flight Mode
While in the air after performing a VoxelAir jump, left-click with your feather to enter Extended Flight Mode. While in extended flight mode, your character may hover or fall very slowly (falling speed will increase with server lag or client latency). While in extended flight, right-clicking with the feather will result in extremely fast flight-travel. Left-click again to disable extended flight mode.
- Note: When you return to the ground, make sure you disable extended flight mode for yourself, as it may hinder your ability to walk. Use the blue and green notifications to be sure of your status.
Classic / FlyRidgeFly Mode
This is a super-sneaky short-range teleport! It's a little bit of Blink spell from World of Warcraft mixed with Nightcrawler's *bamf!*. Right-clicking while sneaking produces a short jump in the player's coordinates, allowing them to pass through thin walls or teleport themselves out from caves onto the surface.
/letmefly: Allows an admin to toggle VoxelAir abilities for all players.
- Note: Players listed in admns.txt will still be able to use feathers when others can not.
/thrust [#]: This adjusts the additional vertical height of a "flap" of the feather. The additional thrust gained is directly proportional to how close to straight down you are aiming when you flap. Thus: you will gain the most vertical height per flap by aiming straight down. By default, this is set to 8, which is can be nearly a fifty block vertical.
- Note: There are diminishing returns to adding additional thrust: setting thrust to 100 will only yield another twenty-five blocks of height or so from the default.
/toggleconsume: Allows an admin to turn the consumption of feathers used for flying on or off. It usually takes about 5-7 flaps to consume a feather.
- Note: Players listed in admns.txt will not consume flight feathers regardless of this toggle's setting.
/togglehover: Toggles the ability to use the Extended Flight mode.
- Note: Players listed in admns.txt will be able to use extended flight mode regardless of this toggle's setting.
/toggleclassic: Toggles the Classic / FlyRidgeFly mode.
- Note: Players listed in admns.txt will be able to use this ability regardless of this toggle's setting.
/derp: Engages "derp" mode. This will, on a random chance on actions all players perform, cause them to say "awesome" stuff like "herp derp" and "derpity herp-a-derp". Fun for all ages!
/voxelair: Displays the plugin's current configuration.
/godsays [message]: Allows a player listed on admns.txt to speak with the voice of GOD.
Fly Ridge Fly (Legacy)
Fly, Ridge, Fly! was a simple flight plugin that has long been beloved by the Minecraft community. Although popularity waned with the introduction of softwares like Zombe's flymod, it retained it's original charm, and worked for all players regardless of platform or ability to mod their JARs. Each right-click with a feather item would product a "flap", which will thrust the user up and toward the direction aimed.