|This article references an artifact of our history. |
|Approximate Coordinates:||X:350 Z:4350|
|Contributing Builders:|| Laharlsblade|
ZallenHunter (terraforming help)
Granidev was located in Pangea and as such is now gone due to Pangea being retired, thank you to everyone who completed a build in this city. The rest of the page is now simply a snapshot of Granidev's progress before the new worlds.
- Roads: 90% ish
- Trees, ponds, rest areas, etc: 75%
- Western Forest Expansion: 90%
- Granidev Grotto (AKA the ruins of Granidev) N/A
- Residential: Laharlsblade, NeutronRocks, BlockyFish, _Brent, Dolpdive, Mikalpark, Minastirthman, Malfact and IllEatYouKid
- Ships: Andy's Den Hvalfanger
- Terraforming: AndyBz17, Giltwist and ZallenHunter
- Granidev began during the barbarian era when people discovered the ruins of the old city, and realized the land was extremely rich with valuable metals. Soon a mining post was set up to harvest these plentiful resources for a nearby barbarian city, and eventually a small town began to emerge. During the mining operations taking place nearby the opening to an ancient city was discovered, a city which was almost entirely underground! As the ruins were excavated they discovered that the city ran VERY deep underground, and was extremely advanced for it's time. They also found ancient artefacts of it's rich culture. When the fall of the the parental city occurred the mining town became an independent city with a new style that was adapted from the amazing relics of top-notch craftsmanship found in these ruins. This style reflected the strong warrior ways of the barbarian era, but in addition, there was the added flair of the underground civilization.
- The land is also famous for its Sky Pines, which grow as much as four times taller then other pines, but sadly these majestic trees were used for lumber to support this booming village. Unfortunately due to the lumber demand of the newly booming city and the invasion of much more common pines the species faced a near-extinction. Today these trees are few and far between, and efforts to replenish their numbers have been fruitless. The Sky Pines however are now considered a natural treasure in Granidev with strict penalties for damaging them. Although some it is now banned, many older buildings contain the wood of Sky Pines. Nowadays newer houses are constructed with the common pine in order to honour the proud tradition. It was the Sky Pines that gave Granidev its name, for when the first settlers discovered the land all they found was a large plain filled with towering pines. Granidev is derived from the Norwegian words for Pine & Plain.