The successor to the massively successful Pangea Project is the world of Holocene.
- Holocene features three of our original Texture Packs: Palceon, Organix and Modern.
- All regions of this showcase world are [CURATED] by players, who institute their own building permit systems which determine who-can-build-where. All on The Voxel Box will be allowed to make contributions to projects in Holocene with permission from appropriate curators.
- Holocene is about 175% the size of Pangea.
- The Voxel Box's staff have seeded, trimmed and terraformed this world into absolutely unique, custom continents, complete with massive oceans.
- Custom terrain generation algorithms by Deamon5550 make our maps give quicker loading times and increased FPS for all players. Players can expect at least a 10 fps increase on The Voxel Box!
- This map will be a prime destination for Visitors to The Voxel Box.
- This will be the ideal place to shoot VoxelMachinima videos for our many budding VoxelVideographers. The finished polished pieces in these worlds will be the best movie sets around!
- Sea level is set at y:28 across all of Holocene, except for a small portion set aside for y:147.
- New continents to this world may be discovered in the future.
- More VoxelPorts are coming!
Areas using the Palceon Texture Pack
- The Palceon Pack is the official texture pack for these regions.
- A number of continents have been formed, and transit systems are being developed as new build areas are established.
The astonishing region Aegea, land of the unknown seas.
The Isle of Toriff
A Curated Region Formerly known as The Damon Isles. Dragons, Goblins, Castles, and bunnies infest the area known as the Toriff Isle. This region primarily focuses on the mix between fantasy medieval feature builds and amazing organix.
- [CURATED] by Golfmaster44
Federation of Ithea
The Federation of Ithea showcases realistic architecture.
see: Federation of Ithea for details.
Its style is characterized by low-fantasy, meaning that realism will play a big role in respectively the architecture, the landscape and the spatial planning. Kathos refers to the actual landmass of the continent, while the political entities on it may have different names. An important detail is that the region is not at peace, but amidst a destructive civil war. This too, will be influencing how we will be arranging things.
See: Kathos for details
- No Longer a [CURATED] Zone, Locations accessible through remaining VoxelPorts and Warps.
Konokopa is a county in the expansive oceans east of Zah and Msk. It is a chain of volcanic, tropical islands with lush, custom vegetation, lofty peaks, dramatic ancient/emptied lava tubes and cenotes, and narrow, elegant waterfalls. Konokopa also features 2 factions the Pirates and the Free Traders Alliance.
Republic of Thysus
The Republic of Thysus is a new project coming to Holocene from some very experienced town developers.
- [CURATED] by Bellamy_Brothers, CrayonCranium, Jomeaga, DukeVindzor, sedentarygecko and TheGuyWhoCanFly.
The divided lands of Trinith cover a large expanse of Holocene's surface.
Uvidus is a relatively small island nation in the north reaches of Holocene.
- [CURATED] by NeutronRocks and vyryl
- More information will be available on the Uvidus page in the future.
Zah is one of the largest, if not the largest and most diverse region in Holocene, even after being split apart.
- [CURATED] by rct3shadow and Kesaro
- Territories: Zah is comprised of Ardun, Azuun, Breft, Cardin, Kasidierra, Kurki, Lisao, Lomigua, Mascarra, Mish, Narajiq, Sana Verda, Tobelaide, and Giraffeland.
- Under control of the brutal dictator Przerwap, who forces VoxelSmurfs to breed with Dragons in hopes of making abhorrent offspring doomed to a life of slavery.
The Isle of Mush
- Previously under control of Notch, who is the only one who wanted to hang out among the mushrooms at the Isle of Mush.
- On July 6, 2012, however, the area was developed by rogue members without permission from Notch or authorized land management services. The island was covered by boxy cobble shapes reminiscent of buildings, and the local flora were largely destroyed. The Royal Zah Navy was forced to sink the island under suspicion of contamination with the Cobbles. Currently, only a warning buoy floats in the previous location of the Isle.
Areas using the Organix Texture Pack
see: Meridia for details.
Areas using the Modern Texture Pack
- [CURATED] by Giltwist
see: Mechanicsburg for details.