Laor's Suggestions for a Palceon Transportation Association (PTA)
Hi. Laor here. I was thinking that Palceon needs a bit of organization with transportation so i'm creating a system for this. I hope it can be implemented into the server.
- No balloons or airships indicated for travel should be built in any town until a VoxelPort is pre-approved.
- Balloons used for decorational purposes do not need to be pre approved, but do not build a whole fleet unless allowed by the region's CURATOR.
- A request to build any airship in your town must be pre approved by the region's curator before being built, and then approved again after construction, and must be built outside Palceon and then moved in by the curator or an Admin.
- Upon an airship request, the curator will study your town, factoring in size and location, and then determine if you may have an airship.
- Towns on the smaller side approved for an airship may have one small airship at most, intended for either travel or decoration.
- Approved towns on the medium side may have up to two small airships, one intended for travel and one intended for decoration.
- Larger towns may have one large airship intended for travel, and one small airship for decoration.
- Special cases, such as a town being a bustling metropolis, may require more airships, in which case there may be one large airship for travel, a large one for decoration, and a small one for decoration.
- There is no restriction on the amount of balloons, as long as it is a reasonable number of four or under determined by the town size.
- Do not ask for a balloon port to somewhere on the other side of the map, be reasonable.
- Airports should only be built by the one and only Aitren.
- MetroVox lines should not just be laid out and then neglected
- Lines through a curated region should all be decorated in a uniform style throughout the region and be regularly checked by both region curators and MetroVox personnel.
- Aside from lines that run through multiple regions, there should be at most one or two lines that stay within the curated region, and a greater abundance of roads
- Others building in a curated region may not ask for a line to run through their town, as it will be decided by the curators and admins in the best interest of the region
- No short pointless lines. (e.g. the line from Revona to Alba) More roads!
- Trans-regional lines should follow the letter naming format, while lines that only run within one region should have simple words relating to the region as their name. For example, a line running through Farengarde could be the Ice-Line.
Ships and Boats
- By all means, build as many ships as you want! Just don't build them in Palceon. Make them in another area to be moved in once it is approved by the curator as being visually ok looking.
- You may have as many ships as would be reasonable for the size and location of your town, as long as you have the proper docking facilities for them.
- Don't have large ships in your town if the only water there is a lake. Large ships require sea access, and they are otherwise purposeless. The ideal boat for large bodies of water not connecting to the sea would be the size of a yacht or a fishing boat. For smaller bodies of water, small sailboats would be ideal.
- Don't make every single town a port town. Please.
- Roads should connect towns to other towns or to MetroVox lines.
- They should be visually appealing as determined by the surroundings.
- All roads in a Curated Region should follow the same style and should all look uniform.
- Roads should be wide enough to walk comfortably on and to have railings if needed.
- Do not make roads perched on the sides of cliffs with no railings, and holes in them. Roads are meant to be transportation not death traps.
- Always use proper support for your roads when they are not resting upon the ground.
- Make your roads so that one will never have to jump to continue down the road. Half steps are your friend.
- Make the roads scenic.
THIS CONCLUDES MY SUGGESTIONS. ON MY PART I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS IMPLEMENTED INTO THE SERVER, BUT IT IS ENTIRELY UP TO THE SERVER STAFF. AS ALWAYS, ADMINS HAVE FINAL SAY IN ANY OF THE PROCESSES SHOWN ON THIS PAGE. I BELIEVE THIS WOULD BRING WELL NEEDED STRUCTURE TO A WORLD THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE WEIGHED DOWN BY SHIPS, BUT KEPT FROM FALLING BY AIRSHIPS.