|This article references an artifact of our history. |
|Approximate Coordinates:||x: -4725,y: -750|
|Continent:||The Wild West|
|Founded:||4th January 2012|
|Empire / Alliance:||Litus Network|
|Contributing Builders:||Greefymonkey, VonKill, Zaccheus, Rct3Shadow, Jinzha, minuseven, Arkotika, ZeehondKnuppeler, FortunateKing, shyjon, Brickman100, MCParradox, TheDirtySwine, p1staasi, ratman995, nillas12, DemonPlaysPro, SekerAsar, maJIKusmc|
|Allies:|| Aldermeld |
|Travel:||MetroVox, VoxelOcean, Road|
|Line(s):||A-Line and E-Line|
|Northbound:||(A-Line) None - North Terminus|
|Southbound:||(A-Line) The New Trade Cities|
|Transfer:||A-Line to E-Line|
Lucente is a city on the coast of The Wild West. Founded by jamdelaney1, Lucente is a rich city - made clear by its extravagant architecture. The city is incredibly detailed; this combined with the city's clean palette of materials creates an imperious atmosphere and a majestic theme.
- Rails: Lucente is one of a solid travel hubs in The Wild West system. Three MetroVox lines meet at Lucente station giving rail access to many Wild West Towns and Cities that are a part of the Litus Network.
- Litus Network: Lucente also operates an inner-city rail system which connects the Litus towns in a variety of railroads -some scenic, and some express rails which help you reach your destination in the fastest time possible.
- Roads: A road spans the short distance between Lucente and the neighboring Trade Cities, and is easily walkable by heading north from the Portal Train station.
- Boats: A trading ship in Lucente's harbor (The Rizutto) takes passengers to the edge of the continent at Sophia Kalos.
Lucente was founded in 1506 by an Italian silk trader, Helio di Luce, a wealthy merchant trader who was searching for a location for a new trading port from where he could manage his large trading empire. His family moved with him and together they had built Lucente Palazzio where they lived happily for many years. However, around 1527 a war broke out among the trading towns of the region and Helio found his trading empire collapsing around him. The war was brought to the gates of Lucente where after a long struggle the Lucentian army managed to repel attackers, however the Palazzio was destroyed and Helio and almost all of his family were killed. During the War, one member of Helio's family had hidden in the crypt of Lucente Cathedral - this was Emilio di Luce, Helio's uncle. Emilio started to rebuild the city and it soon recovered, however Emilio had been driven mad by the deaths of his family and retreated to his tower, the Torre d'Emilio (built by Zaccheus with the help of Greefymonkey). Emilio has locked himself in and never been since seen; some say he died in there while others believe he is still alive...
Lucente is currently growing city, and due to the level of detail included in the buildings, it will be a long time before the city is finished. However, Many of the city's feature builds have been built. Now that these larger structures are in place we are in the process of building the smaller houses and shops around them. A good road system is in place and a city center has been constructed with an information board showing details of the town's progress.
The city is surrounded on two of its sides by close neighboring towns, thus preventing expansion, however we have decided to build along the coast and the construction of 2 additional harbours is being planned. Hopefully this will allow Lucente to expand whilst emphasizing the strong connection Lucente shares with the sea as a trading port.
Many of Lucente's public buildings have been completed:
- The city bank
- The library
- The cathedral
- The temple
- The three towers, (the lighthouse, the clock tower and the Torre d'emilio)
- The city center and tourist information office
- Over 13 shops and 7 market stalls
- Over 18 completed houses
Builds in progress
- Lucente Palazzio -the city's government building (80% complete)
- Lucente stazione, the station (90% complete)
- The city harbour (90% complete)
- Two residential estates (30% complete)
- The city sewer system (20% complete)
- A large performance hall (theater/opera house)
- Another harbour (shared with the Litus Network)
- A large stadium
- A larger lighthouse, situated on an island off the coast of Lucente
- 5 more houses in the residential sector
- A grand park and royal gardens outside the Palazzio
- Lucente university -(the Lucentian academy of architecure) A large space has been set aside for this major project, an academy for architecture, in particular Renaissance and classical.
While much of the city remains unfinished, some of the town's feature builds have been completed.
This fantastic piece of architecture by VonKill uses the towns distinctive style and palette on a giant scale. An incredibly detailed exterior and a stunning interior make the cathedral one of the most impressive builds in the area.
The largest building in Lucente, the Lucente Palazzio is the government building of the city. The exterior is finished however there is still much work to do on the interior. The Palazzio was unfortunately destroyed during the trading wars but has recently been rebuilt in another location.
The library was the first building ever built in Lucente and sets the palette and style for the rest of the city. It is connected to the city's tourist office and can be found on an island off the coast of Lucente, connected by two bridges.
Architects and Builders
The construction of this city has only been possible because of help from the town's fantastic team of over 20 architects. Every contribution, no matter how small, has been a brilliant addition to the city. In particular I would like to thank Lucente's four senior architects, VonKill - Von has proved himself invaluable with the creation of many great builds, in particular the cathedral. Zaccheus has also spent a tremendous amount of time on Lucente designing some of the city's feature builds: The Torre D'emilio, the city's clock tower as well as one of Lucente's estates. Arkotika is another lead architect of Lucente - not only has he built many of the city's interiors, but has done a large amount of construction work on the city's residential sector. I would also like to thanks Rct3shadow, the city's ship master - responsible for the construction of the city's entire navy.
If you are interested in helping build Lucente, feel free to contact jamdelaney1 or write a sign on the city's building permissions board. There is much work to be done and so we will be grateful for any help. It is recommended that any builders wishing to help construct Lucente have a keen eye for detail and regularity as well as a sound understanding of classical and renaissance architecture.
|Lucente Overview||Clock Tower||Two trading ships|
|Lucente Palazzio||The Palazzio's interior||Lucente library|
|Night-time view||The senate room||Riverside view|
- The name given to the city (Lucente) is the Italian word for shining because its light colour scheme gives the city a bright tone.