|Founded:||May 1st, 2012|
|Travel:||Use the spawn hub to Meridia|
Poffingway Grove is the first community project in the new world of Meridia. The area is to be set up as a rolling field, filled with flowers and gnomes out in their natural habitat. In the center of the field and hills will be "The Great Oak" which will have a winding tunnel that will lead into the actual grove. The grove will be bowl shaped, with only the tunnel to enter/exit, and on the outside of the grove will be large, thin styled colorful trees in red, orange, and yellow.
The project will start May 1st, and continue until the end of the month. All members are welcome to build in Poffingway as long as they follow the guidelines of what the area is supposed to be styled as. This is a community build for all members, and people of all building skills are encouraged to come and try their hand at something new! This project will ONLY be open participation until the end of May, in which case builds will only be added with approval by one of the Meridia curators.
While this build is open to anyone - build quality will be monitored by everyone participating so that we can make sure that projects are finished, and of the quality that is expected for the server. These projects in Meridia will be featured on the voxelbox youtube page at the end of the month for a tour to show what we can build up together, so if you decide to participate, please make sure you will finish your build!
While you are working on a project, make sure to leave a sign, or leave a note in the discussion area on this page so you can be properly credited in your participation.
There are projects in Meridia for everyone, not just the "pro organix builders"! Things for the project can be categorized as in the fields, and in the grove. Everyone is welcome to work in either area, though it is probably for the best that the grove is marked out for building purposes at first before building inside it.
In the Fields:
1. Gnomes! Gnomes everywhere! The NotchGnome from pastry pirates will be out as an example to show how big you should be building these gnomes, I would not recommend going much bigger than that, because then you lose too much of the chunkyness of these little guys. Make sure you make them unique! Gnomes like to do all sorts of things, from gardening, to fishing, to taking naps. The only restriction on them is simply size awareness.
2. Flowers - From simple daffodils and buttercups, to sunflowers and fantasy fauna, the fields will definitely need lots of flowers to brighten it up! Not all flowers have to be super huge, or super extravagant, sometimes the best things can simply be a good filler in between areas.
3. Bugs, Butterflies, and Birds - nature buzzes around the fields with all these flowers, so don't forget these little details!
4. Detail builds - small things that need filled in, making the roadway look nice, adding in rocks, and just in general, making sure things look pretty and detailed.
5. The Gold Tree - this tree is back towards the edge of the fields, a bit more in the background, not as massive as the great oak, the gold tree will instead focus on having more horizontal styled leafing, and a more slender trunk.
1. The Great Oak - this tree is massive. Seriously huge. The branches on the tree spread out and really give off a good fluffy feeling in the leaves. The tunnel that goes into the Great Oak, will wind around a bit before it leads you into Poffingway Grove. The tree itself is a huge focal point, if you are going to work on this project, please make sure to talk to one of the curators first so that we can make sure we're on the same page with the design.
2. Colored Cypress Trees - these will encircle the grove, and create a sort of barrier so that you won't really be able to see much into the grove. The land around the trees is bowl shaped already, and the only entrance/exit will be in the Great Oak. The Cypress Trees must be either a solid, or mixture, of any red, orange, and yellow shades.
3. The inside of the grove will need gnome houses! These houses do NOT have to scale with how big the gnomes outside are. The gnomes who "walk through" the Great Oak, will shrink as they enter the grove, so these can be more reasonable sized. We need not only houses, but all manners of buildings that would be in a little village like this. All buildings *should* follow the housing design, of being a mushroom bottom and a silly pointed hat/mushroom top. Most important parts can be underground. If you want, you can connect buildings up underground.
4. Inside the grove there will be less things than outside, focus more on detailing things around the area, adding in nice blades of grass, rocks, and a few flowers. The grove is meant to feel absolutely dwarfed by the size of the trees surrounding it.
5. The little "pond" in the middle of the grove can have boats in it possibly, think tiny ones, like The Madeline in Pastry Pirates. Gnomes are silly creatures, and as such, a lot of their designs should be a little unconventional.
For Lorewriters! Not interested in building? How about letting your mind wander and write up some lore for this project? Everyone is welcome to contribute to writing up short stories for this project, as long as they write characters in a balanced way. Poffingway Grove is the city of gnomes, so feel free to write history, write about a character that lives out here, or anything else you can think of!
Open and Close Dates
Poffingway Grove opens May 1st, 2012, and will close May 31st, 2012. Players on the voxelbox have that time to create projects in the area. People may build as much, or as little as they want, nobody is forced to do anything they don't want to do. Please be aware though, this area will be showcased on our channel...so let's show people what tvb is all about!
If you would like to add to Poffingway Grove after the close date of the project, you must build in your boxel, and call in a Meridian curator and we will see if your build should be added to the project. Please respect the closing date of the project and not build in Poffingway after the 31st, thank you!
What if my build isn't good enough?
Many people are going to worry if they are good enough to build in Poffingway, or Meridia at all because it is a curated area. Meridia is run completely different, and is more set on being "very long" timelapse styled, without the filming of building it up. It is our hope that everyone is able to build in the area, but half of the fun of being on TVB is learning. I will do my best to make tutorials of building certain elements that are in Poffingway so that people who are not familiar with organix styled art will be able to pick up some new tips and tricks.
If your build does end up not fitting with what we have, one of the Meridia curators might remove it. Please do not take this as offense, but keep in mind that this will be a project that represents the community, and must be of good quality. If you need additional help from things that are covered in tutorials, we will all do our best to answer questions, talk about how you can improve a build, and give pointers. This project encourages everyone to work together in a more organized way, learn new styles, and maybe make some new friends. We hope to see you out here!
Poffingway Grove Concept Art and Plans