Spawn (The Hub)
This may seem a little rant-y, but it's not meant to come across that way. Here is a list of ways that The Hub can be improved, ergonomically and aesthetically. I could fix a lot of these myself, but I wouldn't want to edit spawn without permission. If you are going to add to this list, please sign your name next to your suggestion by typing "-- ~~~~" after your entry. ~ Andy 11:24, 23 February 2012 (CST)
- Accessibility: The hub, despite it's overall beauty, could really use some easier paths to portals, to encourage walking and admiring the beauty instead of flying over it.
- The Kalborg Portal is nearly impossible to access by foot. It requires navigating through a ridiculously complex maze. Nobody walks to the Kalborg portal because of this. The maze is pretty cool, though, and should be left there if/when an easier access path is added.
- A Bridge at (76, 158), between the Myrth portal and the Heiwa portal could allow more accessibility between portals.
- There could be solid ground at (-38, -44), for a more gradual shift between the desert biome of the Wild West portal area and the green grass of the Nexus portal area.
- A proper lake could be made at (71, 88), as the current puddle there, that is somehow generating a massive waterfall, is rather unrealistic and sloppy. On top of that, a lake would look much nicer, maybe leaving room for a waterfall on the other side of the Dauntless.
- And really, don't use the old fashioned "its minecraft and everything doesnt have to be realistic" 'logic' on me here.
- The stairs leading up the Thysus port balloon could be made a bit nicer-looking. They currently look very sloppy and under-supported.
- A new port for Thysus is being planned, so the existing one will be removed. -Killjaden 11:59, 23 February 2012 (CST)
- The flags hanging at (45, -25) should be updated for to the Palceon texture pack.
- The border between the Wild West port area and the Ithea port area could be smoothed out a bit. The desert ends rather abruptly on the mountain ridge between the two. The mountain ridge itself could be removed as well.
- There's random shite floating around (-398, -8). I'm not quite sure what to do with it, or if anything really does need to be done about it.
- It appears that the underwater conveyor belt of the original launch zone was not copied over for the Deep Space portal. This really isn't that important, but it could be added in at (-295, 208), if possible.
- A more unified grass level could be instated around the entire spawn area. Currently, some areas have two layers of dirt beneath the grass, some have one layer, and others have so many layers, you can't see any stone. I propose that overall, there should be one-two layers of dirt beneath all grass. Otherwise, it looks like sloppy terraforming.
Our Plugins and More
- see: VoxelSniperDev
It would be nice for VoxelGET if you could just destroy a items stack at a time, I often have to clear my entire inventory, despite me still needing half the stuff in it. Maybe you could incorporate a trash system like TooManyItems has? --Renewablefrog 18:20, 2 March 2012 (CST)
Transit and Transportation
Please use our Support System to request VoxelPorts at this time.
- see: VoxelHighway
Member Build-Off Ideas
- see: Build-Off
There's current contests posted in the side bar from Worth1000 in the Voxel Wiki; Planet Minecraft is now doing project contests and it might be nice to have project contests from Planet Minecraft posted on the side bar as well. The contests are also more rewarding than the W1K contests even when W1K offered free Minecraft accounts. The current contest is offering first place $60 in Steam cash, $30 for second, and $10 for third.
Mcholypotato 16:28, 5 March 2012 (CST)
- As many of you may know, there's the automated servers cycling survival games maps, rightfully called "The Survival Games." As of late, there has been more and more member contributed maps put into the lineup. My idea is not per say a buildoff, but a cumulative community build by the VoxelBox to create their own Survival Games map. Not only will this genereate even more popularity about the VoxelBox, as the Survival Games popularity keeps growing to a wider audience, but it would also be a nice alternative to do instead of just building towns, redstone, etc. I do understand that there was a Survival Games map created a while ago for the Child's Play Charity Livestream (as I was apart of the team), but that map has long been gone, and I feel that the overall experience was a good one to repeat. (Please note that this post is NOT supposed to be advertising the Survival Games servers or anything related to the matter in any way whatsoever, merely an idea to create a new community map.)
2brostudio 17:01, 29 September 2012 (CST)
Member Rant/Sounding Boards/Misc. Suggestion Boxes
Note: Dates are in mm/dd/yyyy form.
- see: Guild of Knowledge (Last update by Post: 4/24/12)
- A proposition for a group which would be entirely be based on preserving VoxelHistory and making sure the populace knows the past.
- see: Pcisbetter's suggestions to make Admins and the rest of the Voxel Box relate even better (Last update by pcisbetter Feb 17, 2012)
- A somewhat rant including suggestions to make the Admin's of the Voxel Box relate better to the rest of the Voxel Box. Always room for improvement :)
- see: FTL's List of Things That Need to Happen (Last update by FTL: 9/4/11)
- General rants about nearly everything, featuring replies by ridgedog!
- see: Post's Transit Ideas (v3.0.1, last update by Post: 1/7/12)
- Idea board of how the new transit system to connect the New Worlds should work.
- see: Laor's Suggestions for a Palceon Transportation Association (PTA) (Last update by Laor: 1/1/12)
- General suggestions for a governing transit body for all of Palceon.
- see: Advertising
- Information/responses to advertising on the VoxelWiki site.
- Blue LS Names! -- Every LS ever
- VoxelBox Open Days are quite popular and keep us in touch with the community, while not entirely necessary people enjoy visiting; perhaps we could make them more regular, every 3 months or so? Matthewar 10:28, 29 September 2012 (CDT)
Member VoxelPhotography Ideas
- Theme idea: Voxelbox wildlife --Dracohunt 07:24, 9 July 2011 (CDT)
- Best picture of a certain city/town to represent it --Neutron 09:08, 9 July 2011 (CDT)
- Best "Voxel Box" collage of pictures --Neutron 09:08, 9 July 2011 (CDT)
- Best picture for a vacation brochure -- DobaCrafter 21:56, 22 July 2011 (CDT)
- Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but can someone be put in charge of updating the build gallery imgur page? It's beyond out of date. Evaderbaker 01:12, 4 September 2012 (CDT)
- Perhaps we should submit pictures on a forum thread or email links to them to be considered for imgur? Matthewar 10:28, 29 September 2012 (CDT)
- Also we should think about getting some more cinematics going to put on our YouTube channel. We have lots of nice builds to show off, so why don't we? --Vyryl 18:18, 9 September 2012 (CDT)