Voxonid Asteroid Field
|Voxonid Asteroid Field|
|Approximate Coordinates:||X: 1400 Z: 400|
|Contributing Builders:||Psanker, AzulCaballero, Rct3Shadow, OmegaElleipis, doublenum, Sounas|
|Related Builds / Areas:||The Argentum Mining Station, Celtel Orbital Station|
|Travel:||AstroVox, Little Wing|
Home to The Argentum Mining Station, the Voxonid Asteroids are one of the places in Deep Space where Members will be allowed to build. Any available asteroid may be colonized. There are many sizes and shapes of asteroids available. Players may not interfere with any AstroVox particle streams present in the fields.
- The Voxonids are [CURATED] by the Deep Space curation team.
- [FREE-FOR-ALL] - No check in required; Any uncolonized asteroid is fair game for development. Please only colonize one asteroid per month, and finish what you start.
- [WIPES HAPPEN] - This region will be subject to periodic asteroid collisions, which may destroy unfinished or substandard work.
Take the rocket launch site at the Spawn Point to Celtel Orbital Station. Follow along the outer ring to the AstroVox hangar located between the blue and green sections. Take the AstroVox String 2 shuttle, or use the Orange Little Wing.
For Litesniper and Snipers: Making New Asteroids with VoxelSniper
Additionally, players with a LiteSniper or VoxelSniper license are welcome to create new asteroids with their tool in the fields after checking in with a Deep Space Curator. This is a great way to make new areas for members to build in and get in valuable terraforming practice with this method:
- In stone (/v 1), it is recommended use basic shapes up to size 12 (/b 12)for your asteroids.
- Ball, Voxel and Blob are all very useful here: (/b b, /b v, /b blob)
- The Range Limiter (/vs range 30) can be very useful to make sure you don't hit someone else's build, asteroid or important structures in the area like the floor!
- Blend Balls (/b bb) allow you to use the gunpowder to thicken, and the arrow to wither your shape into something more pleasing.
- Use a Random Erode (/b re) to finish off and refine your shape, or burrow in an impact zone.
- A Shell Ball Brush (/b shb, /vr 0, /v 0) can hollow out your asteroid for interior building.
- Be especially careful not to hit other people's projects with the shell ball.
- Try a Splatter ball with a replace performer to add mineral deposits!
- Do not leave your asteroids unfinished. They should be buildable when you walk away from them.